Why new and growing businesses still need a website….
The question new businesses ask is “Do I need a website if I use Social media for my business?”
I love many aspects of social media. It’s an amazing tool to connect with others and grow an online community and can be a really important element of your businesses marketing strategy.
Social media can help:
- Build a community around your business. With the benefits of the traditional ‘word of mouth’ social media is just on a much larger scale.
- Showcase your brand and reputation. With opportunities to easily post images and live videos to help your audience get to know you better.
- Sharing your content quickly with your followers.
However, you don’t have complete control over your Social Media account, as you navigate the constant changes and algorithms, often working so hard on a post and then it is been seen by so few.
If you don’t spend enough time engaging with your current audience, you will lose their loyalty. Social Media accounts are a bit like renting space from a landlord… someone else ultimately has the final say over the space you’re using.
YOUR website however can be a different story,
It’s up to YOU to decide
The content is controlled by YOU
YOU OWN IT
Website are brilliant for
- Helping your business and brand get found online
- Promoting your services or products
- Establishing credibility and
- Enable you to tell your brand story YOUR way.
When looking at ‘website versus social media’ in relation to your business strategy, one thing is clear, neither should be overlooked. Both your website and social media have important benefits that can be utilised to help your business grow.
However the priority and focal point of your online presence should be YOUR website and your social media presence can be used to drive your ideal clients to your website.
If you’re thinking its time to get your website sorted then let me know if I can be of some help. You can find all the information on the website packages page HERE.